Friday, September 17, 2004

Christ-Killers: Anti-Semitism and Jesus

Christ-Killers: Anti-Semitism and Jesus

by Jon Trott



In 1977 I worked for a time for a Jewish maker of furniture, a survivor of Auswitz. Mark carried his tattoo and his story with a reticent humility; it was only with difficulty that my co-worker and I were able to draw from him any information at all about that dreadful past. It was such a painful topic for him that we soon learned to avoid it. We tried, a few times, to discuss our faith in Christ, yet this made him so distinctly uncomfortable – threatened, it seemed to us – that we silently agreed to only discuss our faith if he first raised the topic. I like to think I prayed for him when I was alone, but more than likely that is fanciful wishing. A few years later, he died.



MORE http://www.cornerstonemag.com/pages/show_page.asp?636

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home